Thursday, April 26, 2012

So.... Do you want to live? By Zach Sweets


It's a question I ask myself everyday, What if I ever fall in zombies' hands? Will I fight with all of the energy I have left to live or find a way to end my life right there? It's a challenge I put on Jake from Zombie Rain because he has lost his son to them. Naturally, it probably was the best if he could end his life and be with his son in the other world. Something has triggered inside his mind and body that he had to live for his son. He had a tough life. All people he knew died but he still fought to stay alive. All of it was for his son and soon Rex was added to his list reasons to stay alive at every cost.

Jake had a couple of near-death experiences with zombies and his desire to live was what saved him. Now, I'm putting myself in his shoes and facing the same losses he had in his life. I have no idea how I was able to live but in my head…I have a huge sense of adventure. I probably would do anything to increase my strengths and knowledge in surviving. I would remain hidden and make sure I was able to see everything around me. That means my back would frequently be against the wall. That was probably the safest way to escape if zombies appeared.

Now, if it were I as myself and not in anybody's head, I'd probably survive differently. I'd make sure I gathered all of the weapons that would protect myself from the flesh-eaters. The ideal weapons in my opinion would be the metal with the ending that was sharp and/or crossbow since they were quieter comparing to guns. Guns attracted attentions because it was loud. Sure, guns were the fastest way to get rid of zombies as long as you shoot them in their heads. Unfortunately, bullets were not returnable objects, while the arrows were. I've learned that from watching my favorite television show: The Walking Dead. So, I'd grabbed anything that was sharp enough to behead the zombies'. Swords are the best example.

Would I be brave enough to kill zombie the minute I first spot it? I don't think I'd have the guts to do that. I'd first think that they might still be human somewhere inside that zombie head. Maybe the human was fighting inside and hasn't  yet given up. That's why I have Jake being terrified of killing the zombies. He was very restricting at the beginning but eventually understood it was best to put them to rest. I have a feeling I'd react exactly the same way Jake did. I probably would just run for my life and hide until zombies gave up and left me. The only way I would end up killing them (or putting them to rest) is if they were on top of me. It's the scariest of thoughts, no questions about it.

Rex, on other hand, was different. He followed his brother's instruction and had no choice but to shoot the zombies in the head. Rex wanted to survive more than anything. If he didn't, he wouldn't meet Jake. J




Blurb: Jake's world is torn apart when his son dies, killed by a little girl who has infected him with a strange disease. Soon, Jake's entire hometown is overtaken by the disease. A disease that turns them into flesh-craving monsters. The combination of tragedy and horror is almost more than Jake can take, but then he meets Rex, a man who has been struggling through the horror in search of more survivors. The two men travel together, searching for answers and other survivors, the growing bond between them the only bright light in their dark world.

But then that light is taken brutally away, and Jake is left struggling to find it again, fighting against insurmountable odds and growing despair ...


About Me:
Zach, an army brat, was born in El Paso, TX, and has lived in North Carolina, Germany, Kansas, California, and the District of Columbia, before graduating from University of Baltimore in May 2010, with a degree in Applied Information Technology. He now resides in Arizona, where he moved to start a new adventure with his partner and dog.

In his spare time, Zach enjoys reading, mainly horror. He enjoys doing outdoor activities, and he runs on a daily basis. He participates in charitable running events, from 5k up to marathon distances.

Zach writes as often as he can and likes to push himself with writing challenges. Joining the M/M Romance group on Goodreads.com has immensely boosted his motivation to become a successful Deaf author, writing about man to man love, with some horror thrown in for good measure.

When he is not writing or reading, Zach likes to practice his web design and development skills. He loves to hang out with love of his life as often as he can, finding things to do inside and outside the house, whether it be yard work, hiking, bike riding, walking their dog, eating out at a cozy diner, or just loving.

You can find Zach at his website, share books with Zach on Goodreads, follow Zach on Twitter, or friend Zach on Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment